Whether you already have a blog, or if you’re just getting started – this post can potentially guide you down the path of quality blog posting that your readers will love!
1. Find your blogging passion!
- You don’t have to be a professional writer to have a blog, but you do need to be inspired and passionate about what you write about. If you don’t care about your blog, your subscribers won’t, either.
- You can have a themed blog, (Examples: Business coaches can write about business tips to their readers and potential clients. If you love to cook/bake, you can have a food based blog with posts of new recipes you try with photos included. If you are a photographer, you can post about your journey through photography, and maybe start a 365-day challenge. Posts including “lists” and “how-tos” also receive high amounts of ratings and feedback.) But you don’t need a theme as long as it’s about you!
- Always remember to keep your blog personal, unique, and authentic to your life. Allow your readers to get to know you. As long as you continue to write about what inspires YOU, the subscribers will follow.
2. Add in videos and photos to your posts.
- These can be videos you take talking to your readers, (you should also add these to Youtube!) and photos of your day-to-day life. These will make your blog feel personal with an added flare. It’s a fun and exciting way to switch things up a bit in your blogging journey, and a great way to show your readers (literally) that you care!
3. Consistency is key!
- Having a consistent blog posting to your followers and subscribers is very beneficial to your Social Media “mark.” These posts can range from one post every two weeks, every week, or maybe every day. The more frequently you post with valuable information to your readers, the more subscribers, new readers, and activity you will receive to your page.
4. Make sure your blog is public!
- Allow search engines to find you, include tags and categories for each post. Post about each new post on your Social Media networks. (This includes: Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, ect.)
- If your blog is invisible, how will you gain a following?
5. Let others share your work.
- Don’t let your posts go unnoticed from those outside of your circle! Add in the “share” buttons to each blog post. (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Google+, Email, ect) This will allow others to share the posts they like to their Social Media networks, and potentially give you more active followers – just by your readers clicking a button!
6. Allow others to interact.
- You can set up a poll, survey, or rating system on your blog to gain interaction with your readers.
- Ask them to comment on your posts if they have any questions regarding what you wrote, or invite them to think of a topic they would like to read from you in the future.
- You can invite a “guest blogger” to post on your blog. This will help you gain exposure from their readers and possibly open an opportunity for you to post as a guest on their blog, as well.
7. Follow other blogs.
- What blogs inspire you? You can pull ideas from these blogs that will help fuel the fire to your topic. In the future, you can ask them to guest post on your blog. Who knows, maybe one day the bloggers that inspire you, will be inspired BY you!
8. Don’t let a good idea go to waste!
- Sometimes, I am able to think of multiple topics/headlines for future blogs, but I don’t take the time to write them down. I find that later on, I have forgotten the key points I had for those blogs, and sometimes the topic altogether gets lost.
- A great way to avoid this is to click the “add new post” button and start a mini blog with your key-points, or just the title itself, then save it as a draft. (You can even do this in a word document or notepad on your computer.)
- This can save you the time wasted of writers block trying to come up with new information in a short time frame.
9. Be patient!
- Your blogging network will not blow up overnight – and that’s okay! Instead of pushing out your BEST content right away and wringing your writing ability dry, take your time in creating quality content that will benefit your readers and make them return for more.
- The most popular blogs took years to build a consistent following and a list of content to share… yours may not be any different.
- Make sure you are prepared for a slow start and stay determined in your journey. As long as you’re having fun, the rest of it is easier to wait for.
Do you have a tip that you would like to share? Post it in the “comment” section below! I would love to hear your blogging strategy and the “do’s & donts” you’ve found along the way!